Grow Major Giving in Your Council
“The way we have been raising money for the last 100 years in our council is not going to allow Scouting to reach its full potential in Charlotte, NC. Building our endowment is critical to reaching more youth.”
– Mark Turner, Scout Executive, Mecklenburg County Council
For councils seeking to elevate their major gift fundraising efforts, the Foundation customizes partnerships to deliver high-value major gift services. The Foundation has partnered with over fifty councils successfully growing endowments, raising funds for capital and other priorities, enriching donor experiences, and forging new donor relationships. Our staff of professional major gifts directors and specialists bring a disciplined and focused approach to help councils develop high-impact, long-term donor relationships.
The Time is Now
Aligning council funding priorities with the National BSA priorities is a key factor to campaign success. Together we can:
- Raise awareness of local council needs
- Secure major gifts to ensure Scouting’s future
- Focus donors on the specific needs of Scouting
- Cultivate and build long-term major gift relationships, benefiting local councils and national initiatives
- Speak to the needs of today’s donors who are seeking greater impact with their major gifts
How Can my Council Benefit?
Major donors around the country have responded to Foundation/Council partnership efforts by making transformational leadership gifts, changing the fiscal realities of local councils. Over the past several years, the BSA Foundation has worked with dozens of councils leading to over $250 million in gifts to Scouting in recent years.
Councils Can Receive Assistance With:
- Direct involvement in development and execution of solicitation strategies
- Research and prospect identification
- Cultivation support with access to Foundation events
- High-level donor recognition
- Identification of new potential funding sources and relationships
- Technical support for planned gifts
- Board training for major gifts
- High level stewardship opportunities for major donors
- Greater coordination between Scouting professionals and volunteers in major gift activity